By default, all Dubber for Microsoft Teams services play an announcement that the call is being recorded. For consistency Dubber uses the default announcement from Microsoft to inform parties that the call is being recorded.
If you wish to disable this announcement, you can manage it through the Dubber MS Teams web provisioning Portal.
- Go to https://teams.apac.dubber.net/ and login as a Dubber administrator. Select your appropriate portal region and enter your Auth ID and Auth Token. Your Auth ID and Token can be found on your dubber account settings -> API tab. Click the "Authorize Dubber" button. The "Connect to MS Teams" screen appears.
- Follow the steps in the "Connect to MS Teams" screen. In the Windows Start menu, right-click on "Windows PowerShell", and select "Run as Administrator". Use the "Copy" buttons to copy the commands, paste them into Powershell, and run them. Enter your tenant ID and associated Azure AD domain name, then click on "Next".
- On the Dubber Portal "Home" screen, click on the "Remove Policy" button.
- On the "Remove Compliance Recording Policy" screen, switch off the "Play call recording
announcement and display recording banner" option.
- The Dubber app generates customised PowerShell commands based on your preferences. Use the "Copy" buttons to copy the commands, paste them into Powershell, and run them.
- Click "Back" to return to the Home screen.
- Now that you have removed the compliance recording policy, it's a good time to create a new compliance recording policy. Click on the "New Policy" button to go to the "Compliance Recording Policy Options" screen and configure a new policy. For more information see the Microsoft Teams Provisioning Guide. If you require further assistance, contact the Dubber Support team at email@example.com.
Key Considerations for Disabling Announcements
- A general rule is that you must inform all parties on a call that the call is being recorded. Requirements do vary from Country to Country and State & Territories.
- If you choose to disable announcements from Dubber you will obligated to inform call parties of recording in line with relevant local laws.
- Removing the recording announcement will also remove all notifications such as on screen recording banners displayed in the Teams app.
Dubber can only provide general advice on requirements for call recording announcements. Seek professional advice or legal counsel for comprehensive and up-to-date and information.
Contacting Dubber Support
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or raise a ticket from support.dubber.net